RESEARCH GRANTS, AWARDS and SCHOLARSHIPS
- October 2007 – October 2008, Small Grant Research from Provention Consortium, Host Organisation: Institute for Forest and Environment, Yogyakarta and Center for Natural Disasters, University of Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta
- March 2007, Development Cooperation Prize Winner of International master thesis competition, Belgium Minister for Development Cooperation, Royal Museum for Central Africa, Tervuren, Belgium (travel grant Japan-Belgium, accommodation and prize money of 1250 Euro)
- Oct 2006 – Sept 2009, Monbukagakusho Scholarship (travel Indonesia – Japan, tuition fee and living allowance) to conduct PhD research at Research Center for Disaster Reduction System, Kyoto University from the Japanese Government
- Sept 2004 – March 2006, Stuned Scholarship (travel grant Indonesia – the Netherlands, tuition fee and living allowance), a grant to undertake a master study in the Netherlands from the Dutch Government
- April 2011, travel grant and accommodation from START, to attend Cities at Risk Conference, Taipei, Taiwan, 11-13 April 2011.
- March 2011, travel grant and accommodation from Kyoto University, Global Center of Excellence Program, to attend an international workshop, 17 March, 2011, Kyoto, Japan.
- February 2011, travel grant and accommodation from National Council for Climate Change and British Council to attend a seminar on Economics of Natural Disasters, Venice, Italy, 10-11 February, 2011
- February 2011, travel grant and accommodation from German Committee for Disaster Risk Reduction to present paper at DKKV UNU-EHS Conference, Bonn, Germany, 4-5 February 2011
- September 2010, travel grant and accommodation from UNITAR to present a paper at UNITAR-Yale University Conference on Climate Change Institution.
- August 2010, travel grant and accommodation for Summer Institute for Advanced Study of Disaster Risks, from Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China ,2-13 August 2010.
- June 2010, travel grant and accommodation for Social Work and Social Development (SWSD) Conference, Hongkong from SWSD Conference Committee.
- April 2010, travel grant and accommodation from UNU-EHS to attend international workshop on tsunami early warning systems.
- May 2009, travel grant and accommodation to survey communities affected by Sakurajima Volcano, Kagoshima Prefecture, Japan, from Research Center for Disaster Reduction System, Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University
- January 2008, Travel Grant (Japan – Indonesia) and accommodation from Kyoto University, Japan to carry out a fieldwork survey from Jan – Feb 2008 in Merapi Volcano, Yogyakarta Indonesia
- July 2007, Grant (travel Japan-Germany, accommodation) for Selected Summer Doctoral Academy from UNU-EHS Institute for Environment and Human Security and Munich Re Foundation, Hohenkammer, Munich, Germany, July 22 – 29, 2007
- Jan 2007, travel grant and accommodation to attend a tsunami workshop in Owase City, Mie Prefecture, Japan from Research Center for Disaster Reduction System, Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University
- Sept 2006, Grant (travel Indonesia – Germany, registration fee, accommodation) to present a paper in 3rd International Symposium on Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM), Bochum, Germany from IWRM Committee
- Sept 2006, Partial travel grant (Indonesia – Germany) from UNU-ITC School for Disaster Geo Information Management to present a paper in 3rd International Symposium on Integrated Water Resources Management, Bochum, Germany
- Aug 2005, Travel Grant (The Netherlands – Philippines) and accommodation from International Institute for Geo-information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), the Netherlands to carry out a fieldwork survey from Aug – Sept 2005 in Naga City, the Philippines